Job Title: Managerial Associate
Department: Artist Management
Reports To: Artist Manager
To assist in the management of Artists and manage the day-to-day administration to enable the Artist Manager to develop the careers of Artists ensuring their success in a commercial world.
- Updating and maintaining an accurate diary for each Artist on Muse (the IMGA database), providing a back-up for managers in case of double bookings or similar.
- Updating and maintaining some Artists’ personal calendars.
- Liaising with orchestras and other promoters to ensure that all the details (times, venues etc.) are correct, arranging all artistic support (page turners, piano tuners, score delivery and similar), and maintaining positive day-to-day contact with the Artists.
- Liaise with Artists and travel agents to arrange all transportation and accommodations logistics.
- Working with PR or record companies to schedule and administrate interviews and appearances.
- Create program pages for artist recitals with appropriate notations and approve Presenters’ final program pages.
- Recording all financial information for each engagement accurately, and processing invoices and other financial documents in conjunction with the accounts department. Producing contracts and invoices and bi-monthly income projections. Liaising with Artists and accountants regarding tax documents, statement questions and ensuring that any fees to be received directly by the Artist have been paid.
- Assess and edit all contracts and other documents pertaining to each engagement, and process them in conjunction with the Artist Manager.
- Assisting the Artist Manager in their daily work, providing administrative and secretarial support (incl. filing, minute taking) and deputising for them when necessary.
- To act as the first point of contact for enquiries from members of the public, promoters and Artists themselves.
- Producing and updating press materials for each Artist, including first drafts of updated biographies, and forwarding them to Sales Managers as required.
- Updating and maintaining certain areas of the IMG Artists website as relates to the artist list.
- Occasional weekend or evening work, either related to concert attendance or due to emergencies.
- Intelligent and quick learner with a strong interest in classical music and performing arts.
- Typing skills and computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and internet.)
- The ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a heavy workload.
- The ability to work on own initiative and to complete projects within specified deadlines without supervision.
- Enthusiastic, positive approach to work.
- The ability to express yourself clearly both in person and in writing.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn new skills and ability to demonstrate a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Ongoing commitment to providing a high quality service to each artist.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels and with an array of personalities, showing a high degree of empathy.
- Ability to work successfully and efficiently in close collaboration with others and as part of a team.
- Languages in addition to English.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Qualifications in music (or related subject).
- Experience in a similar administrative role.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] quoting ‘Managerial Associate, London’ in the subject field.
Closing date for applications: Friday 19th January 2017
In order to concentrate resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Company welcomes and values the benefits of diversity in its workforce and aims to ensure that its staff achieve, as far as is possible, their full potential and that all employment decisions are taken without reference to irrelevant or discriminatory criteria.