Job Title: Managerial Associate
Department: Classical/Vocal Divisions, New York
Reports To: VP, Artist Manager
An entry-level position to assist in the management of Artists and manage the day-to-day administration to enable the Artist Manager to develop the careers of Artists ensuring their success in a commercial world.
- Work directly with a list of artists, arranging logistics such as travel and housing, issuing and processing contracts, preparing itineraries and applying for work visas.
- Update and maintain accurate calendars for each artist.
- Liaise with opera companies, orchestras and other presenters to ensure that all future contract details are correct.
- Work with PR and Presenters to schedule and administrate interviews and appearances.
- Maintain frequent direct contact with artists to ensure that schedules are accurate.
- Maintain accurate recording of all financial information for each engagement; process invoices and other financial documents in conjunction with the finance department. Produce financial statements and assist with bi-monthly income projections.
- Liaise with artists, accountants and/or personal assistants regarding tax documents, and statement questions; ensure that any fees to be received directly by the artist have been paid.
- Act as first contact for contracts and other engagement documents.
- Assist the artist management team in their daily work, providing administrative and secretarial support (incl. filing, minute taking).
- Research, produce and update press materials for each artist, including first drafts of updated biographies.
- Research, compile and proof program materials, notes, and texts and translations for artist engagements.
- Update and maintain certain areas of the IMG Artists website in relation to artist roster.
- Attend concerts and performances, often during evening and weekend hours.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with a strong interest or passion in opera and/or classical music; previous experience in the music industry a plus.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and internet.)
- Strong knowledge of vocal and/or classical music repertoire.
- The ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure, and the ability to follow through on multiple projects at once.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work flow.
- The ability to be a self-starter and to complete projects within specified deadlines without supervision.
- Enthusiastic, positive approach to work.
- Strong writing skills; the ability to express yourself clearly both in person and in writing.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Commitment to providing a high quality service to each artist and presenter.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels, showing a high degree of empathy.
- Ability to work successfully and efficiently in close collaboration with others and as part of a team.
- Languages in addition to English would be beneficial.
This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary.
Candidates must have eligibility to work in the USA.
Prospective candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote ‘Managerial Associate Classical/Vocal NY’ in the subject field.
Closing date for applications: Friday May 10th 2019
In order to concentrate resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Company welcomes and values the benefits of diversity in its workforce and aims to ensure that its staff achieve, as far as is possible, their full potential and that all employment decisions are taken without reference to irrelevant or discriminatory criteria.