New York: Finance & Administration Associate
Reporting to: Finance Manager & CFO
- Post daily cash receipts & disbursements
- Prepare balance sheet Reconciliations
- Assist the Finance Manager with Month end process including, closing of the sales/purchasing ledger
- Coding and inputting of invoices and employee expenses on Great Plains
- Process bi-weekly accounts payable
- Bank reconciliations for both
- Accounting activities including but not limited to account reconciliations, intercompany receivables/payables and variance analytics
- General ledger maintenance and reconciliation
- Ensuring that all sales invoices have been raised and issued to clients in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions
- Reviewing the aged outstanding debtors, to ensure that all cash is collected promptly and within agreed terms. Communicate with UK team to ensure debtors are paying both US and UK debts.
- Ensuring that income and expenses are correctly recorded, including raising recharges
- Communicating with senior staff outside the finance team who are operationally responsible for delivering and managing the projects
- Adhoc queries/tasks as assigned by MA or IFC
- Liaise with Finance Manager regarding orders for office and kitchen supplies. Keep track of these budgets and monitoring orders
- Provide administrative duties for Executive staff members as requested
- Provide support for Finance Manager when he/she is out of the office in regards to building access for guests, ingoing/outgoing mail, meeting space scheduling, and coordinating IT needs of the staff
- Answer phones with high level of courtesy and professionalism and direct calls to appropriate person
- Post outgoing mail; sort and distribute incoming mail; schedule messenger pick-ups
- Replenish postage machine quarterl
- Ad hoc projects as needed
These key accountabilities are intended as a general guide to the scope of the role and will develop in line with the needs of the business, or otherwise, at the reasonable request of IMG Artists.
- Proven experience of preparing bank reconciliations and project accounting
- Dealing with multi-currency accounting
- Working in a media or arts based agency
- Good understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Extremely capable of using Excel spreadsheets
- Competence in the use of accounting systems ( preferably Dynamics GP)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively, prioritising own work where necessary, whilst managing a busy and varied workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- A professional command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Confidentially is essential due to the sensitivity of various projects
- Professional manner and demeanor
- The ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- A team player but confident to use own initiative
- A good level of common sense, organisation and lateral thinking are essential
- The ability to interact effectively with colleagues and artists/clients at all levels
Preference for the candidate to have 2-3 years’ experience in financial accounting and/or project accounting.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US
To apply please send your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com
quoting ‘Finance & Administration Associate’ in the subject field
Closing date for applications: Monday April 1st 2019.
Please note in order to concentrate resources only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Company welcomes and values the benefits of diversity in its workforce and aims to ensure that its staff achieve, as far as is possible, their full potential and that all employment decisions are taken without reference to irrelevant or discriminatory criteria.