Working directly with the Executive Vice President, Global Head of Artists & Sales, the VP European Sales Manager – Attractions is the primary contact for designated accounts in European territories. With reporting responsibility also to the EVP, Global Head of Dance, the European Sales Manager will also work with Artist Managers to determine overall strategy for a designated selection of roster artists in a given time period (season), with a specific focus on Attractions and Dance. The European Sales Manager is required to negotiate engagements with the promoters with the goal of maximising business with each account while balancing artistic and market objectives for the roster artists. The European Sales Manager will have overall responsibility for Attractions, Dance and Physical Theatre presentations in the UK and continental Europe.
- Initiate booking discussion with active accounts in European territories and respond to all booking enquiries initiated by buyers, emphasising artist current career highlights, availabilities, fees and past performances of a variety of artists, projects, dance/physical theatre and primarily non-classical attractions.
- Must maintain existing relationships and develop new relationships with all designated live performance venues, promoters and presenters in European territories.
- Negotiate all fees, terms and conditions pertaining to live performance engagements for select IMGA artists. Negotiation must include all deal points of fiscal impact including technical rider requirements as well as any activities associated with performance engagements including broadcasts, recordings and educational outreach.
- Issue letters of intent and handle subsequent processing of pre-contract paperwork.
- Liaise with all IMG Artist Managers regarding engagements, special projects and deals involving select IMGA artists.
- Collaborate with management on marketing and promotion strategies and materials for select touring IMGA artists.
- Travel both nationally and internationally to conduct business meetings and represent artists at engagements.
- Attend regional, national, and/or international conferences applicable to booking business. Travel to meet with venues and to see roster artists in performance.
- Advise on market trends.
- Other duties as relevant to the post.
- Fluency in English and at least one other European language.
- Degree (or equivalent) plus knowledge and interest in a broad range of music and performing arts.
- Established, effective and lasting working relationships with Artists, concert and recital promoters, and the performing/commercial arts business on a European-wide level.
- Proven record of negotiating contracts, including financial terms.
- Active working knowledge of venues, ticket sales and trends.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise between conflicting demands.
- A strong ability to work autonomously whilst continuously working as part of a collaborative team.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with the determination to provide the highest quality of service.
- Goal orientated both individually and within a team.
- Willingness to work additional hours, and travel, as and when required.
- Live performance venue management or production experience.
- Fluency in more than two European languages.
The Company welcomes and values the benefits of diversity in its workforce and aims to ensure that its staff achieve, as far as is possible, their full potential and that all employment decisions are taken without reference to irrelevant or discriminatory criteria.
To be eligible to apply, you must be eligible to work in The UK, Germany or France
Please send a CV and Covering letter to email@example.com and indicate ‘VP – European Sales Manager – Attractions’ as a reference by Friday, 22 November, 2019.