Job Title: Managerial Associate
Department: Artist Management
Reports To: Artist Managers
Location: Our European offices are in London, Paris and Hannover
IMG Artists are seeking a Managerial Associate to assist in the management of Artists within the vocal division, managing the day-to-day administration enabling the Artist Managers to develop the careers of Artists ensuring their success in a commercial world.
- Updating and maintaining an accurate diary for each artist on the IMG Artists scheduling and database system, providing a back-up for managers in case of double bookings or similar.
- Liaising with promoters to ensure that all the details (times, venues etc.) are correct, arranging all artistic support and maintaining positive day-to-day contact with the artists.
- Working with PR or record companies to schedule and administrate interviews and appearances.
- Producing itineraries for artists, ensuring that schedules are suitable/viable.
- Providing immigration and visa advice to the client list and liaising with appropriate embassies to facilitate visas for engagements worldwide.
- Recording all financial information for each engagement accurately, and processing invoices and other financial documents in conjunction with the accounts department. Producing contracts and invoices. Liaising with artists and accountants regarding tax documents, statement questions and ensuring that any fees to be received directly by the artist have been paid.
- Initially assessing all contracts and other documents pertaining to each engagement, and process them in conjunction with the Artist Manager.
- Assisting the Artist Manager in their daily work, providing administrative and secretarial support (incl. filing, minute taking) and deputising for them when necessary.
- Booking travel and accommodation for artists and the Artist Manager.
- To act as the first point of contact for enquiries from members of the public, promoters and artists themselves.
- Producing and updating press materials for each artist.
- Updating and maintaining certain areas of the IMG Artists website as relates to artist list.
- Occasional weekend or evening work, either related to concert attendance or due to emergencies.
- Intelligent and a quick learner with a strong interest in opera and/or classical music.
- Typing skills and computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and internet.)
- The ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a heavy workload.
- The ability to work on own initiative and to complete projects within specified deadlines without supervision.
- Enthusiastic with a positive approach to work.
- The ability to express yourself clearly both in person and in writing.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn new skills and ability to demonstrate a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Ongoing commitment to providing a high quality service to each artist.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels, showing a high degree of empathy.
- Ability to work successfully and efficiently in close collaboration with others and as part of a team.
- Qualifications in music (or related subject).
- Languages in addition to English are very beneficial.
- Experience in a classical music environment.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting ‘Managerial Associate, Vocal’ in the subject field
In order to concentrate resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Company welcomes and values the benefits of diversity in its workforce and aims to ensure that its staff achieve, as far as is possible, their full potential and that all employment decisions are taken without reference to irrelevant or discriminatory criteria. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required, please use firstname.lastname@example.org if there is anything that you want to make us aware of.