Job Title: Touring & Dance Associate
Department: Orchestral Touring & Attractions
Reports to: EVP Global Head of Touring/ EVP Global Head of Dance
To service and manage the logistics of orchestral tours and duties as assigned within the Attractions department.
- Arranging and booking transport for Orchestras, Soloists, Conductors, Opera and Ballet companies, ensuring that all the details (times, venues, hotels, internal transportation, flights, paperwork etc.) are correct.
- Organising the transport of instruments.
- Make and monitor work permit applications to the Home Office. Liaising with appropriate embassies/consulates to facilitate/procure visas for engagements worldwide as needed.
- Recording all financial information for each tour accurately, and processing invoices and other financial documents in conjunction with the accounts department.
- Preparing cash flow summary and budgets for the tour.
- Preparing applications for Orchestras and artists.
- Liaising with leading concert promoters, orchestras and leading artist management agencies throughout the world.
- Creating detailed tour schedules.
- Travelling with the tours and acting as the Company representative.
- Following up on payments, tax concerns etc and taking care of the various tax exemptions as appropriate.
- Building and maintaining good relationships with a personal list of clients providing them with detailed and relevant itineraries for respective touring engagements.
- Overseeing the day to day administration of the touring division.
- Assisting with Film With Orchestra administration work as directed by the European Tour Manager, Film With Orchestra.
- Experience of working with orchestras or within a logistical/events setting with a strong interest in classical music and / or performing arts.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Fluent in German and English.
- The ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a heavy workload.
- The ability to work on own initiative and to complete projects within specified deadlines without supervision.
- Typing skills and computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Outlook and internet).
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Music/Cultural Studies/Culture Management or a related subject.
- Languages in addition to German and English would be very beneficial.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting ‘Touring & Dance Associate’ in the subject field
Closing date for applications: 10 March 2020
In order to concentrate resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants must be eligible to work in Germany.
The Company welcomes and values the benefits of diversity in its workforce and aims to ensure that its staff achieve, as far as is possible, their full potential and that all employment decisions are taken without reference to irrelevant or discriminatory criteria.