JOB DESCRIPTION: ARTIST MANAGER
LOCATIONS: IMG ARTIST OFFICES IN NORTH AMERICA AND EUROPE
REPORT TO: SVP AND/OR VP ARTIST MANAGEMENT
IMG Artists is a global leader of performing arts management. For nearly forty years, the company has set the standard for excellence across the fields of artist management, touring, dance and attractions, film with orchestra, festival and event management, and cultural consulting. Our team across three continents provides expert career development and dedicated support to our roster of celebrated artists and projects.
In addition to our Roster, IMG Artists is passionate about collaboration and innovation within the performing arts. We foster distinctive relationships and partnerships to craft and develop initiatives that support audience, artistic, commercial and strategic advancement for our industry.
To develop and manage the careers of international operatic and classical singers. The Artist Manager works with their Artist to guide their artistic, commercial and strategic development.
What You Will Do
- Establish and develop a broad range of contacts within the operatic and classical music world in order to secure engagements/opportunities for clients
- Long-term career planning in conjunction with the artists, other managers, publicity agents and record companies – including securing recording contracts and negotiating music director contracts
- Securing appropriate engagements and sponsorship deals and building relationships with a range of other organisations
- Managing recital tours throughout the world, working through each event with the promoter, from negotiating fees and contracts and discussing programmes to liaising with their publicity team to maximise concert attendance and artist visibility
- Keeping abreast with the latest developments and trends in the industry. Identifying up-and-coming artists who show both artistic and commercial potential
- Consulting and advising on all business and artistic matters
- Working with their wider Artist Management team to ensure that administration and logistics are handled efficiently
- Domestic and international travel for performances, meetings, conferences and events
- Providing mentorship and support to developing members of the team
What We are Looking For
- Proven experience of working in a management capacity with classical and operatic musicians
- An efficient, motivated and organised colleague who is able to work effectively on their own and with a team
- Demonstrable artistic acumen, broad repertoire knowledge, and a profound understanding of the operatic and classical music industry
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English, and if based in the Paris or Hannover offices, French and German respectively
- A trustworthy, dependable advocate for their artists and colleagues
- Expertise and understanding of the commercial, financial and legal aspects of the industry
- Ability to assess and navigate complex situations and have the knowledge and confidence to provide sound advice and guidance
- Fluency in additional languages and broad cultural understanding
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, plus company benefits.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] quoting Artist Manager in the subject line.
IMG Artists welcomes and values the benefits of diversity in its workforce and aims to ensure that its people achieve, as far as is possible, their full potential and that all employment decisions are taken without reference to irrelevant or discriminatory criteria. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required, please contact us at [email protected].