Job Title: Accounts Assistant – IMG Artists UK Ltd
Reports To: Financial Controller, IMG Artists UK Ltd
Location: London (Hybrid working 2-3 office days per week)
IMG Artists is a global leader of performing arts management. For nearly forty years, the company has set the standard for excellence across the fields of artist management, touring, dance and attractions, film with orchestra, festival and event management, and cultural consulting. Our team across three continents provides expert career development and dedicated support to our roster of celebrated artists and projects.
In addition to our Roster, IMG Artists is passionate about collaboration and innovation within the performing arts. We foster distinctive relationships and partnerships to craft and develop initiatives that support audience, artistic, commercial and strategic advancement for our industry.
What You Will Do:
- Enter all UK and foreign payables invoices into the system.
- Code all supplier invoices, properly identifying and saving them in the respective Operational folder.
- Set up new suppliers and customers/clients on the system and update supplier records as required.
- Respond to all internal and external enquires regarding payments.
- Carry out daily bank reconciliations on all UK operational bank accounts.
- Review AP sub ledger on a regular basis, apply payments and resolve discrepancies.
- Generate bi-weekly payment proposal for supplier invoices.
- Enter all payments onto Online Banking system for sign-off.
- Ensuring all monthly bank statements, reconciliation files and other relevant documentation are saved and clearly identified in the Finance Ops folder.
- Update exchange rates monthly in the system.
- Assist the Financial Controller in carrying out quarter end accounting for UK.
- Monitor and pass re-bill back-up documents to Client Accountant.
- Ensure all purchase and sales batches and intercompany journals are posted.
- Ensure intercompany commission settlements are correctly posted and allocated.
- Assist Financial Controller with yearly audit requirements.
- Carry out ad hoc queries/tasks as assigned by Financial Controller.
- Assist Client Accountant to issue monthly clients’ statements
What We Are Looking For:
- 2/3 years’ experience working in an Accounts Assistant role within a similar corporate accounting structure
- Competence in the use of accounting systems
- Understanding of multi-currency accounting
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise and plan ahead and meet deadlines
- Basic Understanding of VAT and EU VAT and/or Tax laws
- Experience of credit control procedures
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively, prioritising own work where necessary, whilst managing a busy and varied workload
- Capable of using Excel spreadsheets to high level
- Knowledge of Great Plains and Overture systems is a bonus
- Ability to communicate in a clear and considerate manner
- Ability to work as part of the Finance Team and confident to use own initiative
- Ability to explain financial issues to non-financial colleagues
- A good level of common sense, organisation and lateral thinking are essential
- Bookkeeper or working towards accounting qualification
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Accounts Assistant UK’ in the subject field
Closing date for applications: Tuesday, 31 January 2023
In order to concentrate resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
IMG Artists welcomes and values the benefits of diversity in its workforce and aims to ensure that its people achieve, as far as is possible, their full potential and that all employment decisions are taken without reference to irrelevant or discriminatory criteria. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required, please contact us at email@example.com.