Job Title: Artist Manager
Division: Classical Artist Management
Location: New York
IMG Artists is a global leader of performing arts, social media, and festival and events management. For more than thirty years, the company has set the standard for excellence across fields of artist and celebrity management, touring, dance and attractions, festival and event management and cultural consulting. Our specialists in offices across three continents offer unparalleled international reach and depth of experience to the company’s artists, clients and partners. With our newest digital, social media and technology ventures, IMGA remains the vanguard of the industry.
IMG Artists North America is seeking an established Artist Manager to successfully manage and develop the careers of international Conductors, Instrumentalists and/or Vocalists and guide their artistic and commercial development. The Artist Manager is required to represent the artists as effectively as possible in a competitive industry by advising them appropriately and by offering them as much opportunity as possible while working to their key strengths.
- Establish and develop a broad range of contacts within the classical music world in order to secure engagements/opportunities for clients.
- Long-term career planning in conjunction with the artists, other managers, publicity agents and record companies – including securing recording contracts and negotiating music director contracts.
- Securing appropriate engagements and sponsorship deals and building relationships with a range of other organisations.
- Managing tours throughout the world, working through each event with the promoter, from negotiating fees and contracts and discussing programmes to liaising with their publicity team to maximise concert attendance and artist visibility.
- Generally managing the artists’ schedules and each musical engagement in conjunction with an Associate who will administrate the logistics.
- Keeping track of revenue and fees, updating, analysing and reporting on financial projections.
- Keeping abreast with the latest developments and trends in the industry. Identifying up-and-coming artists who show both artistic and commercial potential.
- Consulting and advising on all business and artistic matters.
- Helping to ensure Associates are equipped to manage the logistics and administration in a timely and accurate manner.
- National and international travel to concerts, events and business meetings as and when required.
- Guiding and developing the potential of Associates.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) with previous proven experience, at a management level, of working with Conductors, Instrumentalists and/or Vocalists within a classical music agency.
- Efficient, highly motivated, organised and able to work calmly and effectively under pressure. The job can be very demanding and requires individuals with resilience.
- To be able to demonstrate artistic acumen, gravitas and strong influencing and communication skills.
- Experience of managing teams.
- The ability to quickly gain the trust of the artist and ensure they deliver however full their schedules are.
- To be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the commercial, financial and legal aspects of the industry.
- Able to work as part of a busy and large division and create networks across the company and industry.
- Able to set challenging targets for self and others and consistently seeks to add value in all work.
- Ability to evaluate different options and make difficult decisions, justify them and follow through.
- IT literate.
- Languages, written and verbal, in addition to English are highly desirable.
This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Candidates must have eligibility to work in the USA.
Prospective candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Artist Manager NY’ in the subject field.
Closing date for applications: Friday May 27th 2022
In order to concentrate resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Company welcomes and values the benefits of diversity in its workforce and aims to ensure that its staff achieve, as far as is possible, their full potential and that all employment decisions are taken without reference to irrelevant or discriminatory criteria. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required, please use email@example.com if there is anything that you want to make us aware of.