Job Title: Booking Manager – West Coast; Booking Manager – East Coast
Division: Artists & Attractions
Reports to: EVP, Global Head of Artists & Attractions
IMG Artists is a global leader of performing arts management. For thirty years, the company has set the standard for excellence across the artist management, touring, dance, attractions, festivals, events and cultural consulting fields. IMGA’s specialists in offices across three continents offer unparalleled international reach and depth of experience to the company’s artists, clients and partners.
The Booking Manager is the primary contact for all accounts in a designated region. The Booking Manager is required to negotiate engagements with the promoters with the goal of maximising business with each account while balancing artistic and market objectives for the roster artists.
- Initiate booking discussion with active accounts in a given territory and respond to all booking enquiries initiated by buyers, emphasising artists current career highlights, availabilities, fees and past performances.
- Must maintain existing relationships and develop new relationships with all live performance venues, promoters and presenters in a given territory.
- Negotiate all fees, terms and conditions pertaining to Concert and Recital engagements of all artists on the IMGA artist roster. Negotiation must include all deal points of fiscal impact including technical rider requirements.
- Issue letters of intent and handle subsequent processing of pre-contract paperwork
- Liaise with all IMG Artist Managers regarding engagements, special projects and deals involving IMGA artists.
- The post holder may be required to travel both nationally and internationally to conduct business meetings and represent artists at engagements.
- Attend regional conferences applicable to booking business. Travel to meet with venues and to see roster artists in performance.
- Advise on market trends.
- Any other duties relevant to the post.
- Degree plus knowledge and interest in performing arts
- To have established effective and lasting working relationships with Artists, concert and recital promoters, and the classical arts business on a global level.
- Proven record of negotiating contracts, including financial terms
- Working knowledge of venues, ticket sales and trends.
- To be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the commercial, financial and legal aspects of the industry.
- Excellent organisational skills and prioritises between conflicting demands
- Works autonomously but also works well as part of a team and collaboratively with other colleagues
- Demonstrates a flexible and adaptable approach
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic and determination to provide a high quality service
- Goal orientated individually and within a team.
- Willingness to work additional hours, and travel, when required
- Language skills in addition to English would be beneficial
- These are full-time positions with excellent benefits packages and competitive salary.
- Candidates must have eligibility to work in the USA.
Prospective candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
quoting either ‘Booking Manager West Coast’ or ‘Booking Manager East Coast’ in the subject field.
Closing date for applications: Friday October 1, 2021
In order to concentrate resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Company welcomes and values the benefits of diversity in its workforce and aims to ensure that its staff achieve, as far as is possible, their full potential and that all employment decisions are taken without reference to irrelevant or discriminatory criteria. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required, please use firstname.lastname@example.org if there is anything that you want to make us aware of.